Comprehensive Multifunctional Lithotripter
Dornier Gemini is a premier multifunctional lithotripter providing an unparalleled platform for both endourology and lithotripsy. The combination of positioning flexibility, open access and large imaging areas create an optimal platform.
- Open patient access from all sides
- Outstanding imaging capability
- Shockwave positioning flexibility
- Ideal for percutaneous and endoscopic techniques
- Proven shock source technology
Dornier continues to develop new technologies to obtain the highest level of effectiveness and treatment flexibility from their lithotripters. The result is low re-treatment rates, patient comfort and improved treatment efficacy.
Dornier OptiCouple is an aimaging technology that enables healthcare professionals to optically view the patient contact interface from within the therapy head. Operators can locate possible regions of inadequate patient coupling throughout ESWL treatments and improve outcomes.
The presence of imperfect coupling is detected real-time for immediate elimination by the operator. The improvements in coupling can lead to reductions in:
- Energy required
- Number of shock waves applied
- Treatment times
Based on Dornier’s well established reputation in excellence in shocksource design, Gemini provides shocksource options that optimize efficacy while minimizing side effects. Due to the ability to move the shocksource around the table, patient repositioning is eliminated between shocksource locations.
Employing an innovative proprietary design, Gemini provides a unique swiveling patient platform that has specialized positions optimized for both artifact free endourological imaging as well as lithotripsy from either side.
Dornier’s Gemini employs technological advancements such as motorized height adjustment for its large 16 inch image intensifier to provide uncompromised image quality and are capable of imaging of the entire urinary tract.
Dornier offers a wide range of options and accessories to compliment a variety of procedures.
Flat Panel Detector
- Large 43 cm x 43 cm imaging area
- No image distortion
- True rectangular imaging
Medical Grade Monitors
- Ultra High Bright/Contrast
- Image Lag Reduction
- Super Fast Response
- Picture Perfect Technology
- Boot type: Attaches to T-rail, built-in gas spring for easy movement
- Knee Crutch type: Attaches to T-rail, built-in gas spring for easy movement
- Leg Support: Attaches to T-rail, manual movement
Drain Bag Assembly
- Allows physician to get closer to the patient
- Mounts to table and has a wire edge for shaping the drain bag to channel fluid
- Use physician elbow rests (option) with the drain assembly for support during a procedure
- Three height adjustable shelves
- Maximum shelf capacity 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Rotating arm from park to treatment positions
- Power connections and safety ground on rear side of rack
With its ability to simultaneously support both X-ray and ultrasound imaging approaches, as well as its extreme imaging flexibility, Gemini is ideal for a spectrum of endoscopic applications as well as lithotripsy. The C-arm movements support positioning in transverse and sagittal planes as well as rotational and CC projections. Ultrasound can be utilized either alone or in combination with X-ray.