If the Fogarty name is not on your catheter, the Fogarty experience is not behind it.
- Developed and refined in close collaboration with surgeons and interventionalists for over 45 years
- Proven performance and manufacturing quality
- Used in millions of procedures worldwide
Genuine Fogarty catheters are exclusively available from Edwards Lifesciences.
- Remains the leading choice for simple and rapid removal of emboli and thrombi from the arterial system.
- Recessed winding technique for balloon attachment ensures balloon symmetry for uniform contact with vessel walls, providing consistent clot removal.
- For removal of more adherent or fibrous material, refer to the Fogarty adherent clot catheter.
- Features a smooth balloon attachment for ease of insertion.
- Available in flat or tube packaging.
- Syringe included with flat packaging
The Fogarty adherent clot catheters are designed to effectively remove clot material in the peripheral vasculature. The catheters are indicated for the removal of emboli and thrombi from native arteries or synthetic grafts.
- Ideal for extracting the arterial plug or clots too resistant to be removed by an elastomeric balloon.
- Features a spiral-shaped, latex-covered stainless steel cable that assumes a corkscrew shape when retracted, greatly expanding the surface area to entrap fibrous material.
- Capable of effectively removing clots in both native arteries and synthetic grafts.
- Radiopaque to aid in visualization.
These catheters are indicated for the removal of fresh, soft emboli and thrombi from vessels in the arterial system. These catheters may also be used for temporary occlusion of blood vessels, infusion of fluids, and blood sampling. Our thru-lumen catheters offer several advantages over other embolectomy catheters.
- Consistent balloon symmetry offers uniform contact with vessel walls.
- Guidewire compatibility facilitates crossing occluded, tortuous and stenotic arterial segments.
- A second lumen provides smooth guidewire insertion.
- Multi-use design applies to fluid delivery, temporary occlusion and blood sampling.
- Stainless steel bushings under both proximal and distal balloon windings assure accurate visualization during fluoroscopy.
- Collapsible for easy passage through occluded grafts.
- A flexible wire coil at the distal end easily expands when retracted to form a double-helix ring.
- Acting as a ring stripper, the ring forms a plane between graft and thrombus to effectively clear adherent material from PTFE dialysis grafts and aortobifemoral grafts.
- Pliable distal tip advances easily to minimize trauma to the venous valves.
- Stainless steel spring incorporated into the catheter body enhances fluoroscopic visualization.
- Balloon maintains uniform contact with the vessel wall during thrombi removal.